The IR2104 is a high-speed Half-Bridge gate driver chip that accepts low-power input to output high-power current drives. It can be used to drive high-power switching devices like MOSFETs and IGBTs and can drive both high-side and low-side MOSFETs. The IR2104 has a typical source current of 0.21A and the sink current of 0.36A. The logic input is compatible with standard CMOS or LSTTL output, down to 3.3V logic.
Features and Specifications
- Floating channel designed for bootstrap operation
- Fully operational to +600V
- Tolerant to negative transient voltage
- dV/dt immune
- Gate drive supply range from 10 to 20V
- Undervoltage lockout
- 3.3V, 5V, and 15V input logic compatible
- Cross-conduction prevention logic
- Internally set deadtime
- High side output in phase with the input
- Shut down input turns off both channels
- Matched propagation delay for both channels
How to use IR2104 MOSFET?
The schematics below show the typical application diagram of an IR2104 Gate Driver. Keep in mind that the bootstrap diode and bootstrap capacitor are critical for driving the high side. The value of the bootstrapping capacitor will affect the high-side switching.
There are no reviews yet.