MQ2 Smoke Sensor is one of the commonly used gas sensors in MQ sensor series. It is a Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOS) type MQ2 Smoke Sensor also known as Chemiresistors as the detection is based upon change of resistance of the sensing material when the Gas comes in contact with the material. Using a simple voltage divider network, concentrations of gas can be detected.
- Operating Voltage is +5V
- Can be used to Measure or detect LPG, Alcohol, Propane, Hydrogen, CO and even methane
- Analog output voltage: 0V to 5V
- Digital Output Voltage: 0V or 5V (TTL Logic)
- Preheat duration 20 seconds
- Can be used as a Digital or analog sensor
- The Sensitivity of Digital pin can be varied using the potentiometer
The MQ2 Smoke Sensor can detect or measure gasses like LPG, Alcohol, Propane, Hydrogen, CO and even methane. The module version of this sensor comes with a Digital Pin which makes this sensor to operate even without a microcontroller and that comes in handy when you are only trying to detect one particular gas. When it comes to measuring the gas in ppm the analog pin has to be used, the analog pin also TTL driven and works on 5V and hence can be used with most common microcontrollers.
There are no reviews yet.