MQ4 Methane Gas Sensor detects the concentration of methane gas in the air and outputs its reading as an analog voltage. The concentration sensing range of 300 ppm to 10,000 ppm is suitable for leak detection. The sensor can operate at temperatures from -10 to 50°C and consumes less than 150 mA at 5 V.
MQ4 Methane Gas Sensor is used in gas leakage detecting equipment in domestic and industry. these are suitable for detecting of CH4,Natural gas. LNG, avoid the noise of alcohol and cooking fumes and cigarette smoke.
Sensitive material of MQ-4 gas sensor is SnO2, which with lower conductivity in clean air. When the target combustible gas exist, The sensor’s conductivity is more higher along with the gas concentration rising.
MQ4 Methane Gas Sensor has high sensitivity to Methane, also to Propane and Butane. The sensor could be used to detect different combustible gas, especially Methane, it is with low cost and suitable for different application
The sensor’s simple analog voltage interface requires only one analog input pin from your microcontroller. use simple electro circuit, Convert change of conductivity to correspond output signal of gas concentration.
This analog gas sensor has a small heating element with an electronic-chemical sensor. It is suitable for use in buildings and can only provide accurate readings once the warm-up phase is complete.
- Good sensitivity to Combustible gas in wide range
- High sensitivity to CH4, Natural gas.
- Small sensitivity to alcohol, smoke.
- Fast response Stable and long life
- Simple drive circuit
MQ4 Methane Gas Sensor Specifications: –
- Sensor Type Semiconductor
- Power requirements: VCC – 5V±0.1
- DO output: TTL digital 0 and 1 (0.1 and 5V)
- AO output: 0.1-0 .3 V (relative to pollution), the maximum concentration of a voltage of about 4V
- Detection Gas: Natural gas/Methane
- Detection Concentration: 200-10000ppm (Natural gas / Methane)
- Interface: 1 TTL compatible input (HSW), 1 TTL compatible output (ALR)
- Heater consumption: less than 750mw
- Operating temperature: 14 to 122 °F (-10 to 50°C)
- RH Related humidity less than 95%Rh
- O2 Oxygen concentration is 21% (standard condition) – Oxygen concentration can affect sensitivity
- Load resistance: 20KΩ
- Sensing Resistance Rs: 10KΩ- 60KΩ (1000ppm CH4)
- Preheat time: Over 24 hour
- Standard Encapsulation Bakelite, Metal cap
MQ4 Methane Gas Sensor Applications: –
- Used in gas leakage detecting equipment for homes and industry. They are suitable for detecting of CH4 and CNG.
- Industrial Combustible gas detector
- Portable gas detectors
There are no reviews yet.