Product Description: HC-06 Bluetooth Communication Module for Electronics Hobbyists
Upgrade your electronics projects with the HC-06 Bluetooth Communication Module, a reliable and user-friendly wireless solution for hobbyists looking to add seamless Bluetooth connectivity to their creations. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced maker, this compact module provides a hassle-free way to establish wireless communication with other devices, unleashing the full potential of your DIY projects.
– Bluetooth 2.0 Compatibility: The HC-06 module supports Bluetooth 2.0 and Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) protocols, ensuring stable and efficient wireless connections with various Bluetooth-enabled devices.
– Serial Communication Interface: The HC-06 module utilizes a straightforward UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter) interface, making it easy to integrate with microcontrollers and other electronics. Its simplicity allows for quick setup and control, even for those new to Bluetooth communication.
– Slave Mode: The HC-06 module primarily operates in slave mode, which means it can only be connected to Bluetooth master devices, such as smartphones, tablets, or computers. This mode is suitable for most applications where you need your project to accept incoming connections from external devices.
– Fixed Baud Rate: Unlike the HC-05 module, the HC-06 operates at a fixed baud rate, typically set to 9600 bps (bits per second). While this fixed rate simplifies configuration and usage, it may require ensuring compatibility with the communication speed of your microcontroller.
– Auto Pairing: The HC-06 module features auto-pairing functionality, which streamlines the connection process with your master device. Once properly configured, it automatically establishes a connection with the paired device upon power-up.
– AT Commands: Like the HC-05, the HC-06 module can also be configured using standard AT commands, allowing you to customize parameters such as the device name, pairing PIN, and communication settings. This enables you to tailor the module’s behavior to your specific project needs.
Differences from HC-05 Module:
1. Role Mode: One of the main differences between the HC-05 and HC-06 modules is their role mode. The HC-05 module can function as both a master and a slave, offering greater versatility in setting up various projects. On the other hand, the HC-06 operates solely as a slave, limiting its capability to initiate connections.
2. Baud Rate: While the HC-05 module allows you to adjust the baud rate to match your microcontroller’s communication speed, the HC-06 operates at a fixed rate, typically set to 9600 bps. This fixed baud rate can simplify the setup process, but it requires ensuring compatibility with your microcontroller’s baud rate.
3. Auto Pairing: The HC-06 module has the advantage of auto-pairing, making the connection process more seamless and automated. This feature can be particularly helpful for applications where frequent and quick connections are necessary.
In conclusion, the HC-06 Bluetooth Communication Module is a reliable and straightforward wireless solution for electronics hobbyists seeking to incorporate Bluetooth connectivity into their projects. With its slave mode operation, auto-pairing functionality, and easy-to-use AT commands, the HC-06 is an excellent choice for projects that require wireless communication with Bluetooth master devices. Upgrade your DIY projects with the HC-06 module today and enjoy the convenience and freedom of wireless communication.