The ULN2803 Darlington Array IC is a powerful and versatile integrated circuit designed specifically for hobby electronics enthusiasts and engineers seeking efficient and reliable control solutions. This IC excels at driving high-current loads, such as motors, relays, and solenoids, making it an indispensable component for various robotics, automation, and power control projects. With its user-friendly features and robust performance, the ULN2803 simplifies complex circuit designs, allowing hobbyists to focus on unleashing their creativity and bringing their electronic ideas to life.
– Package Type: DIP (Dual In-line Package)
– Number of Channels: 8
– Maximum Collector Current (Ic): 500mA per channel (continuous), 600mA peak per channel
– Maximum Supply Voltage (Vcc): 50V
– Input Voltage Compatibility: Compatible with 5V and 3.3V logic levels
– Saturation Voltage (VCE sat): 1.1V (maximum) at Ic = 350mA
– Input Current (Iin): 0.5mA (maximum) at Vin = 5V
– Operating Temperature Range: -20°C to +85°C
– High-Current Drive: The ULN2803 is capable of driving continuous currents up to 500mA per channel, with peak currents reaching 600mA. This makes it ideal for controlling various high-power loads in your hobby projects.
– Eight Channels: With eight individual Darlington pairs integrated into a single IC, you can control multiple loads independently or simultaneously, providing flexibility in your designs.
– Easy Interface: The input pins are compatible with both 5V and 3.3V logic levels, allowing seamless integration with microcontrollers, Arduino boards, and other digital control circuits.
– Low Saturation Voltage: The ULN2803 exhibits low saturation voltage (1.1V at 350mA) across its output transistors, ensuring minimal power loss and efficient load switching.
– Robust and Reliable: This IC is designed to operate efficiently in a wide range of temperatures, ensuring reliability even in demanding environments.
– Motor Control: Use the ULN2803 to drive DC motors or stepper motors in robotics and automation projects.
– Relay and Solenoid Control: Effortlessly switch high-current relays and solenoids in home automation and industrial applications.
– LED Array Control: Employ the IC to control large arrays of LEDs for lighting effects or display applications.
– Power Transistor Driver: Use it to drive other power transistors, enabling higher current handling capabilities.
The ULN2803 Darlington Array IC empowers hobbyists with the ability to control high-current loads effectively and efficiently. Its ease of use, robustness, and multiple channels make it a popular choice for a wide range of hobby electronics projects. Unleash your creativity and take your electronics endeavors to new heights with the ULN2803 Darlington Array IC at your disposal.